Just a quick note to confirm that we are hosting the session at the Tranzac Club (292 Brunswick Ave) tomorrow from noon until 3 p.m.
WARNING: SANTA CLAUSE PARADE and HOLLY JOLLY 5K RUN!
The Santa Clause Parade starts at 12:30PM, but the Holly Jolly 5K Run starts at noon just east of Bathurst, and follows the parade route. Some of you may recall needing to take drastic steps to cross Bloor St. due to the Santa Clause parade (which has also been known to wreak havoc with parking, drivers).
- Leave earlier than usual. Check out MyTTC.ca for travel times.
- Consider taking the Spadina streetcar south one stop, which will get you onto the right side of Bloor.
- Consider getting off a the Museum subway station and walking west from Bay to Brunswick. Museum station surfaces south of Bloor, and you may find the 15-minutes walk along Harbord (first street south of the station) more invigorating and civilized than trying to walk along Bloor.
- If you are driving, come very early and come from the south.
When you do make it, there’ll be tunes and pints (or coffee).
These streets will be closed at the following times:
- Bloor Street West: Ossington Avenue to Christie Street at 8 a.m.
- Bloor Street West: Christie Street to Bathurst Street at 10 a.m.
- Bloor Street West: Bathurst Street to Bay Street at 10:45 a.m.
- Avenue Road: Davenport Road to College Street at 10:45 a.m.
- University Avenue: College Street to Dundas Street at 11 a.m.
- University Avenue: Dundas Street to Front Street at 11:15 a.m.
- Wellington Street: University Avenue to Jarvis Street at 11:30 a.m.
- Front Street: Bay Street to Jarvis Street at 11:45 a.m.
The parade starts at Bloor Street West and Christie Street and can be tracked on the following route:
- Eastbound: Bloor Street West
- Southbound: Queen’s Park Crescent East
- Southbound: University Avenue
- Eastbound: Wellington Street West
- Eastbound: Front Street East, finishing at Jarvis Street
See you all tomorrow — or for the dance tonight!