As almost always when we get together with this dynamic group of people for a session, we have some things to mention:
- First off, a HUGE congratulations to Elizabeth on the birth of her first grandchild, Aurora, in Budapest, Hungary, last week.
- Next, kudos to Joan for completing her first half-marathon today, with a blazing 3 hours and 27 minutes. Sadly, Ms. Weed was indisposed for today’s session.
- Next weekend, there are several events of interest to Québécois music afficianados:
- Friday night house concert with Pascal Gemme, Laura Risk and Yann Falquet. Friday, October 25. Forinformation, e-mail Joan.
- Also Friday evening (Oct 25), at the Royal Ontario Museum, in the GlassRoom Lounge, from 9-11 PM, Juno-nominated MAZ will preview their upcoming album, Chasse-Galerie.
- Saturday afternoon dance workshop with Marie-Soleil Pillette, St Barnabas Church (2-5 pm).
- Saturday evening Québécois squares dance, St Barnabas Church (7-10 pm), with Marie-Soleil Pillette and Cathy Campbell (callers), with music by Pascal Gemme, Laura Risk, Yann Falquet.
- Saturday evening, MAZ returns with Lemonbucket Orkestra and Al Jawala at the Pia Bouman Studios. Doors at 8, show starts at 9.
- Sunday workshops in fiddle, guitar and, possibly, dance. Details TBA — watch this space or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sunday, November 3rd, the Brian Pickell Band is appearing at Claude Church for one of their memorable Parlour Concerts. Tickets now available online.
- Saturday, November 9th, Dan Gorno is returning to Toronto to call a contradance at St. Barnabas featuring an exciting young band: Benoit Schryer-Lefebvre, Colin Savoie-Levac and Toronto’s own Eli Howard.
- Saturday, November 16, Edith is organising another of her fabulous Québécois dances with Richard Forest, Peter Jellard, Rob Rohr and Kate Murphy. Dovercourt House, 7:30 pm. More information available on facebook.
That’s a lot of stuff in the next little while! We will post more details about the workshops next weekend, but if you want information sooner than that, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
Rob and Donna